Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

5.19.2010

Daddy Diaper Tool Belt

My only brother and his wife are expecting their first child in May. When it was time to think of a gift to take to the baby shower, I knew I wanted to come up with something memorable. After running a few searches I came across the idea of a Daddy Diapering Tool Belt. That was it!
Perfect for a first-time Daddy.
After a lot of thought I came up with this design.
The tool belt was only .99 from Wal-Mart, then I added fabric and ribbon that I already had to make two additional pockets. I made a fabric casing and threaded elastic through it to make the loops. There is velco on the right and left sides so items can be easily attached. (But of course a simple apron would work great too. Using Fabric markers could be a fun way to personalize it.)

Important Items Included:

Tongs (dollar store)
Mask (dollar store)
Small box of wet wipes (Wal-Mart)
Set of pacifiers (Wal-Mart)
Toy keys (dollar store)
Washrags (dollar store)
Stuffed bear (dollar store)
Hand Sanitizer (Wal-Mart)
Baby lotion (Wal-Mart)
Goggles (dollar store)
Desitin Diaper Rash Cream (Wal-Mart)
Plastic Gloves (Lowes)
2-Newborn Diapers (actually had them already, they make GREAT doll diapers)
and
Hilarious Safe Baby Handling Tips found here.


Next I needed a poem, but after running several searches I wasn't able to find one that I really liked so....
I wrote my own! And here it is!

(girl version)

(boy version)

It was a lot of fun to see my Brother's face when he realized what it was.
(Yes, he was a good sport and came in at the end of the shower to open it.)
He's a great brother and going to be a great Dad too!

This 'tool belt' can also:
1) Be tied onto the end of the changing table to hold diapering items,
2) Be tied to the back of a bucket seat to hold books, crayons, snacks, etc. while traveling,
and
3) When the baby is grown he/she can wear it as an apron to carry toys around in or help with the cooking.

There are soooo many possibilities!

Pin It!

13 comments:

Vanessa said...

Very cute idea!

kati said...

what a brilliant idea.... now I just have to wait for someone to have a baby!!! AWESOME job!!

Visiting from Kara's look what I made

CWimbish said...

My best friend is expecting her first child in October and this is perfect for her husband. Thank you so much for this creative idea!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the printables. I just made one of these for my son : )

Robin

Janet said...

To Robin: You're so welcome, glad you could use them! :)

Feral Turtle said...

What a cute project. I love this and have pinned you a few times while snooping through your blog. You are very creative. P.S. I am your newest follower! Thanks for sharing. Hope you stop by! Cheers.

Unknown said...

I wish I had this back when my girls were small....dad hated diaper duty. love it! brilliant idea!

Janet said...

Thanks Deborah, it was so much fun to put it together for my brother!

Unknown said...

This is such a cool idea to get the new dad involved!! Someone made one for my sisters fiance. He lobed it!! My son is soon going to be a new dad and I want to make one for him. Thanks for posting the picture, instructions and where to by the "tools" and I love the poem what s nice touch!!

Cheers for you!!
Carla September 2013

Unknown said...

Correction : loved it!

Janet said...

Thanks Carla, I'm glad it was helpful! :) That's exciting that you will have a new little grandchild coming to your family soon, congratulations!

Family said...

I love your diaper duty belt. I have made one for my son in law. I have 2 questions when I print the girl printable poem its all blurry. Also how did you you make the tag you have on it?

Janet said...

To Family: Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I've fixed the image so if you right click on it and open it in a new tab it is now at full resolution so it won't be blurry. I made up the tag in Microsoft Publisher. I used WordArt for the text and layered the images to make up the design. You could also use Photoshop or Microsoft Word to make it. I hope I answered your questions okay. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails